Rattlidge wins Gorleston winter series on countback
The Men’s Winter Stableford series reached its climax last Thursday with 92 qualifiers playing in the final. In a closely-fought contest 39 points proved to be the winning score for Tony Rattlidge, but only after countback with Phil Evans and Les Tuck both also recording the same score.
Winner of the Foolhardy Trophy for the best five aggregate scores throughout the series went to current Club Captain Glen Harman who received the trophy from the competition organiser and Club President Mike Amos.
On Sunday the rearranged February Monthly Medal was played with divisional winners being Matthew Alp (Division 1) with a nett score of 69. Division Two winner was Mel Walsh also returning nett 69, whilst in the third division Tony Rattlidge completed a good week’s work recording a nett 70 for victory.
Good luck to Tanya McGregor who has qualified as the Gorleston Ladies’ representative to compete in the 2012 Volvo EWGA Regional Medal Final at John O’ Gaunt Golf Club, Bedfordshire on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
National competition draws have been made for both teams in the Mail on Sunday Classic. In the fourth round, the Ladies have a home draw against Norwich club Eaton whilst the men have to travel to Woodbridge for their match, both of which have to be played by April 30.
- 1 Furious villagers claim chicken farm was approved 'under the radar'
- 2 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 3 Bid for 33 homes approved as councillors rebel against recommendation
- 4 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 5 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 6 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 7 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 8 Hospital death toll from Covid-19 passes 150
- 9 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 10 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement