Reedham Ten is new race
A NEW date has been added to the local athletics calendar with the launch of the Reedham Ten road race.Runners will be pounding their way through the villages of Reedham, Limpenhoe, Freethorpe and Wickhampton in the race on Sunday, February 1.
A NEW date has been added to the local athletics calendar with the launch of the Reedham Ten road race.
Runners will be pounding their way through the villages of Reedham, Limpenhoe, Freethorpe and Wickhampton in the race on Sunday, February 1.
Organised by Great Yarmouth and District Athletics Club, the race is the ideal preparation for runners gearing up for the spring marathon season.
Places are available for up to 300 entrants with prizes for individual, veteran and team winners.
Entry is �10 for club runners and �12 for unattached runners or an extra �2 on the day if the race limit has not been reached.
Fill in attached form in this week's Mercury or enter online at www.runnersworld.co.uk
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 4 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 5 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 6 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 7 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 8 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 9 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 10 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
Race director Pat Brightman said: “It is a beautiful scenic 10 mile route - an ideal race for runners preparing for a Spring Marathon like London - but also a good course for beginners.”
The race centre is Reedham Village Hall and the race starts at 11am. there is a limit of 300 entrants. Changing, toilet, parking and refreshment facilities are available. Minimum age on race day is 17 years.
If using the entry form on page three of this week's sport supplement in The Mercury, send it with a stamped A5 sae and cheque payable to Great Yarmouth & District AC to: REEDHAM TEN, Thornbury, Main road, ORMESBY ST MICHAEL, Norfolk NR29 3LW.
Postal entry closing date postmarked January 28.
Queries may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org