Reminder to league clubs
FOOTBALL: The Pub on the Shrubs-sponsored Great Yarmouth and District Football League has reminded clubs of a couple things to look out for over the next couple months.
Norfolk County Football Association is holding a workshop on July 28 at the Cliff Hotel in Gorleston.
This is for clubs to have a look at and take on board the new match-based suspension system the national FA have introduced for the coming season.
Up to three members of any one club can attend, and it is seriously hoped that all clubs can have at least one representative as the new system is complicated and will catch some clubs out at the start.
If you would like to attend, then contact Norfolk County FA on 01603 704050 to reserve places.
Norfolk County FA have indicated that some clubs have not affiliated yet. Any club not affiliated by July 20 will face a late fine of �40 by the county FA.
Clubs should contact their county FA as soon as possible to arrange their affiliation for 2011-12.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 6 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 9 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
- 10 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
The player registrations for the clubs are now available.
If clubs have not yet received their affiliations they should contact registration secretary Mick Saunders on 01493 651259.
The GYDFL remind clubs that the fixture meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 23 at the Pub on the Shrubs with a 7.30pm start.
The GYDFL was saddened to learn of the death of life vice-president Jack Ward. Jack served on the league for many years and was a very well-respected individual in the game.
All at the GYDFL would like to pass on their condolences to Jack’s family.