Reserves hammered as Easton slam eight goals
In Acle Reserves’ home fixture it was Easton who had taken the lead within the first minute – but on Saturday it was Acle who found the net almost immediately. Unfortunately though, the referee failed to play an advantage and Carpenter’s well-taken debut goal was taken away from him.
Minutes later, a superbly-weighted through ball from the Easton midfielder found Elia through on goal and he made no mistake rifling the ball past stand-in keeper, Swanston.
A second Easton goal quickly followed when a ball into the area from wide found the league’s top scorer, Crowe, who on the turn from six yards out, found the net.
The home side’s confidence was flowing and they were playing some very impressive football. On 15 minutes, the inevitable third goal came through Newton. From a couple of yards out, he slotted the ball home following some decent one-touch football.
Finally Acle woke up and enjoyed some possession. For the next 15 minutes, the visitors were on top and started to cause the Easton defence problems. During that best spell of the game, they forced a few corners and clipped the bar when a cross from Guyton came in from the left. Another cross from Guyton was met by fellow top scorer, Robinson, whose header went inches wide.
However, with 30 minutes on the clock, Crowe, with his second, found the net with a well-struck effort, and on the stroke of half time the game was over with a further goal.
The second half was all about pride. Easton were gifted a sixth and 10 minutes later Goodwin-Wright grabbed the seventh. With 20 minutes left, Acle grabbed a consolation. Guyton was the provider as he put through Tooley who placed the ball neatly between the onrushing keeper’s legs.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 6 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 7 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 8 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
- 9 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 10 Consultant maps his medical journey
There was still time for an eighth goal for the home side to complete the rout.
Acle: Swanston, Colk, Copeland, Sadler, Collins-Reed, Betts, Sayer, Robinson, Saka, Guyton, Carpenter. Subs: Tooley, Eadie.
The Reserves are at home to Mattishall Res on Saturday. kick-off is at 2.30pm.
Acle Ladies fell further behind with their fixtures after their game at Histon fell foul of the weather. On Sunday, starts a run of five home games with league leaders Haringey Borough visiting Bridewell Lane at 2pm.