Roach brace nets points for Bloaters
Great Yarmouth Town 2 Swaffham Town 1THE Bloaters did just enough to secure the points in a hard fought match with Swaffham Town on Tuesday night.The visitors were stretched in the opening minutes with Woodcock having a good effort parried by the Swaffham keeper.
Great Yarmouth Town 2 Swaffham Town 1
THE Bloaters did just enough to secure the points in a hard fought match with Swaffham Town on Tuesday night.
The visitors were stretched in the opening minutes with Woodcock having a good effort parried by the Swaffham keeper.
Yarmouth took the lead their early dominance deserved through leading scorer Stewart Roach on eight minutes.
That early promise faded as the Bloaters took their foot off the pedal and allowed Swaffham back into the game.
Some good saves from keeper Hilton kept the lead intact before the game's most controversial incident.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 6 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 7 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 8 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 9 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
The referee clearly awarded the visitors a penalty following a handball by Scott Woodcock then changed his mind to give a free kick just outside the area.
However, The Pedlars were back on level terms early in the second half through striker Matt Kenny.
Despite a below par performance Yarmouth took the points when Roach headed home the winner from three yards.