Road Runners rewarded with pbs in Great East Anglian Run
Yarmouth Road Runners
Two Road Runners who travelled to King’s Lynn for the Great East Anglian Run made the journey worthwhile as they earned new pbs. Mark Thompson was 31st in 36:14, 423 Steve Stringer was 423rd in 48:55. Steve’s son Ryan came in 257th in 45:32 in his first 10k.
Yarmouth Road Runners travelled to Thetford for the Breckland 10k. The course is picturesque through the forest and is mainly flat which attracts a good quality of runner.
Andrew Baker, who is still running well after his marathon training, was closely followed home by Steve Dady.
John Bone ran a strong race this soon after the London Marathon as did fellow London finisher Nicola Baker.
Steve Stringer completed his third race over the bank holiday weekend with another solid time. Dave Girling and Mark Peach started the race together and finished together but pushed each other all the way after misjudging the pace which was planned around 9.30 minute miles but turned out to be nearer to 8.30.
Peter Spandler ran strongly after an injury scare at the start and just pipped Sylvia Dady to the finish. Paul Spandler competed well and is becoming more active in the racing community. Chuck Weigard performed well in finishing easily under the hour mark while the happiest person to finish must have Annette Carter who finished her first race of sometime due to injury.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 5 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 6 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 7 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 8 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
Results: 65 Andrew Baker 41:32pb, 81 Steve Dady 42:24, 116 John Bone 45:21, 155 Nicola Baker 49:35, 162 Steve Stringer 49:57, 174 Dave Girling 51:38, 175 Mark Peach 51:38, 207 Peter Spandler 54:38, 211 Sylvia Dady 54:58, 213 Paul Spandler 55:04, 245 Chuck Weigard 59:17, 284 Annette Carter 1-13:46. 293 runners in total.
Ivan Lees did the Suffolk Heritage Coast half marathon on Sunday. On a multi-terrain course with amazing scenery Ivan fell over but was not injured. The main problem was attempting to bypass the many huge puddles. Ivan finished in 1hr 59.