Runner Bob takes the heat in Dubai
Yarmouth Road Runners
There was a great overseas performance from Bob Arnell on Friday morning. After making an early start at 7am in the Dubai 10k, he recorded a 3rd in age group performance of 64:04. Well done Bob.
n SIX Road Runners were in another good field of 106 at Gorleston Park Run. Leading the way for the club was Mark Stone, who was 9th in 20:46.
Other results: 17 Mark Mountain 22:09, 34 Matthew Sutton 23:58, 44 Mike Dale 25:20, 52 Peter Spandler 26:14, 62 Paul Spandler 28:02, 64 Dianne Crosby 28:03.
n THE annual Apple Crumble Run took place on Sunday. With a new route and some tough running conditions, the food laid on afterwards was even more welcome than usual. With the best part of 28 club members attending this run it is becoming more popular with the club than some of the local races! The routes available varied from five to 20 miles, and only a couple of people lost on route. A great morning was had by all. Thanks go to Ann and John for the work measuring the route and for the fabulous food.
You may also want to watch:
n TWO club runners competed in the Ryston Runners event, the Folkworth 15-miler. The race is a two-lap course over some challenging hills but is a popular race with runners attending the London Marathon of which Ivan Lees iso ne. He clocked 2hr-13 a PB. Richard Blake also took part ( - time to be confirmed).
n WITH only one month gone in the Fetcheveryone challenge, the competing club members have started to increase the miles of training untaken. Some have had a handicap given to them, but will soon have clawed some of that back. In front at the moment is Neil Sibley with 147 miles ran since the start of the new year. Next is Matthew Sutton (137 miles) and somewhat lagging behind is Andy Peck (113 miles). The main interest is between Sean Jermy, Peter Spandler and Mark Peach who all will soon be over the 100-mile mark each, but at the time of writing only have seven miles between them.
- 1 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 2 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 3 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 4 Knifeman threatened to cut victim's throat if he 'grassed'
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Man throws bottle through house window in confrontation
- 7 'Public' swimming pool could have to shut after mystery complaint
- 8 Missing man found safe and well
- 9 Beds occupied by Covid patients at hospital increases five-fold in a month
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk