Runs dry up for Belton
BELTON were ambushed and strung up in their latest Norfolk League match at Kirkley Sports on Saturday.Tom Knight again lost the toss and Kirkley sentenced Belton to an afternoon in the baking sun.
BELTON were ambushed and strung up in their latest Norfolk League match at Kirkley Sports on Saturday.
Tom Knight again lost the toss and Kirkley sentenced Belton to an afternoon in the baking sun.
Fortunately, Saj Ali had the dangerous Laws lbw and Phil Plummer bowled Macalone for seven, Kirkley Sports 23-2.
Holmes was brilliantly run out by Richard Goreham and Belton were in charge at 24-3.
The next success was an hour away as Gary Tuttle and D Laws compiled a good stand of 81. They both perished with the score on 105 - Tuttle to a one-handed catch by Mark Hodds at mid-off and Laws to a catch by Steve Day.
Then wickets fell regularly. Ali and Plummer returned to pick up a brace each and they found support from Gerry Jackson and Farhad Khan who both chipped in with a wicket.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 3 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 6 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 7 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 8 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 9 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 10 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
Kirkley Sports finished on 147-9 from 45 overs. Alarmingly, the wicket had begun to deteriorate.
Belton's Steve Day was bowled in the first over. Richard Goreham (14) and Phil Plummer (47) repaired some damage before Goreham got one that didn't bounce and was bowled by Atkinson. Plummer fell in a similar way to the same bowler.
Saj Ali's 42 brought Belton to within sight of the home total at 111-6.
After that none of the lower order could reach double figures and the innings ground to a total of 134 as Kirkley Sports won by 13 runs. L Caplin took 4-33.