Sanders’ hat-trick steers Acle to a comfortable win
- Credit: Archant
Acle United took all three points from their match at bottom side Cromer Town, with man-of-the-match Aaron Sanders hitting a hat-trick.
Acle’s coach Sammy Morgan opted for a 3-5-2 formation and on a near-perfect surface, the visitors played with the slope in the first half.
The visitors took the game to their opponents from the off and early on Sanders cracked the ball against the bar, which was a warning as to what was to come. Stelzer-Hiller drove the ball home after 15 minutes, but the goal was ruled offside.
On 34 minutes, Forder played in Deivydas who found Sanders in space and Acle’s leading goal scorer finished in the top corner to give Acle the lead.
Cromer fought back and following a foul by Louis Gibbons, Smith’s goal-bound effort was brilliantly saved by Foreman.
The keeper then turned provider as his long clearance was controlled by the lively Sanders, who turned his man before firing the ball into the bottom corner to double the Acle’s advantage.
After the break, Sanders was again busy as he danced his way into the box to set up Deivydas who shot well over. Sandell then powered into the Cromer box but the keeper blocked his effort. At the other end, Cissell was put through on goal but Foreman was up to the task.
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 3 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 4 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 5 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 6 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 7 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 8 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 9 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 10 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
Acle tripled their lead when Sandell’s dangerous cross was helped over the line by a Cromer defender, before another long clearance from the impressive Foreman saw Sanders bag his hat-trick.
Substitute Carvalho was looking dangerous down the left-hand side as Acle dominated proceedings, although Smith had a stinging shot for the Crabs well held by Foreman. There was still time for Acle substitute Tooley to find the bottom corner, but his effort was ruled out for offside.
Acle finished the game as comfortable winners and now look forward to taking on Mulbarton Wanderers at home on Saturday (1.30pm kick-off) in a dress rehearsal for their Mummery Cup final clash at the FDC on Friday, May 5.
Before that there is a home local derby to look forward on Easter Monday against Blofield (11am),
Acle: S Foreman, L Gibbons (H Tooley 75 mins), O Stelzer-Hiller (M Copeland 75 mins), D Foreman, O Henery, H Gibbons, S Sandell, R Forder, A Sanders, J Attree, Deivydas (B Carvalho 60 mins).