Sanders’ hat-trick steers Acle to a comfortable win
- Credit: Archant
Acle United took all three points from their match at bottom side Cromer Town, with man-of-the-match Aaron Sanders hitting a hat-trick.
Acle’s coach Sammy Morgan opted for a 3-5-2 formation and on a near-perfect surface, the visitors played with the slope in the first half.
The visitors took the game to their opponents from the off and early on Sanders cracked the ball against the bar, which was a warning as to what was to come. Stelzer-Hiller drove the ball home after 15 minutes, but the goal was ruled offside.
On 34 minutes, Forder played in Deivydas who found Sanders in space and Acle’s leading goal scorer finished in the top corner to give Acle the lead.
Cromer fought back and following a foul by Louis Gibbons, Smith’s goal-bound effort was brilliantly saved by Foreman.
You may also want to watch:
The keeper then turned provider as his long clearance was controlled by the lively Sanders, who turned his man before firing the ball into the bottom corner to double the Acle’s advantage.
After the break, Sanders was again busy as he danced his way into the box to set up Deivydas who shot well over. Sandell then powered into the Cromer box but the keeper blocked his effort. At the other end, Cissell was put through on goal but Foreman was up to the task.
- 1 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 2 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 3 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 4 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 5 Furious villagers claim chicken farm was approved 'under the radar'
- 6 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 7 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 8 Hospital death toll from Covid-19 passes 150
- 9 Bid for 33 homes approved as councillors rebel against recommendation
- 10 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
Acle tripled their lead when Sandell’s dangerous cross was helped over the line by a Cromer defender, before another long clearance from the impressive Foreman saw Sanders bag his hat-trick.
Substitute Carvalho was looking dangerous down the left-hand side as Acle dominated proceedings, although Smith had a stinging shot for the Crabs well held by Foreman. There was still time for Acle substitute Tooley to find the bottom corner, but his effort was ruled out for offside.
Acle finished the game as comfortable winners and now look forward to taking on Mulbarton Wanderers at home on Saturday (1.30pm kick-off) in a dress rehearsal for their Mummery Cup final clash at the FDC on Friday, May 5.
Before that there is a home local derby to look forward on Easter Monday against Blofield (11am),
Acle: S Foreman, L Gibbons (H Tooley 75 mins), O Stelzer-Hiller (M Copeland 75 mins), D Foreman, O Henery, H Gibbons, S Sandell, R Forder, A Sanders, J Attree, Deivydas (B Carvalho 60 mins).