Solitary goal enough to see Reserves beaten in derby battle
- Credit: Archant
Acle Reserves lost out by a solitary goal in an eagerly-contested derby with Caister Reserves.
The visitors were dominant in the first half and new boy Chris Purton-Turner won man of the match with a string of fantastic saves.
He was quick off his line to deny Barrett and Potter when both were clean through with just the keeper to beat.
Both teams competed as no quarter was given and referee Greensides did well to ensure the game did not boil over. Four minutes before half-time Reid lost possession and Gary Fitzgerald was able to tuck the ball away to give the Lifeboatmen a 1-0 lead.
Following a corner Stelzer-Hiller crashed the ball against the bar as Acle looked to level the match.
You may also want to watch:
Acle: Purton-Turner, Gibbons, Colk, Sadler, Collins-Reed, Hawkins, Deivydas, Robinson, Tooley, Carpenter, Saka. Subs: Copeland, Marshall, Stelzer-Hiller.
The side travel to leaders Hoveton Wherrymen tomorrow, 2.30pm.
- 1 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 2 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 3 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 4 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 7 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 8 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 9 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 10 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid