Norfolk star shines on German indoor stage
- Credit: British Athletics via Getty Images
Norfolk star Sophie McKinna set an indoor personal best at the indoor athletics meeting at Karslruhe in Germany.
In the second round of the competition, she put the shot out to 18.46m - one of five throws over 18m during the competition.
The Great Yarmouth athlete finished third in the event.
Her previous indoor best had been 17.97m and the performance strengthens her hold on third place all-time in the UK.
In Olympic year the distance was a tantalising five centimetres short of the Olympic qualifying performance, a distance she has already achieved outdoors.
Her throw was also a new county indoor record.
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 3 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 4 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 5 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 6 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 7 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 8 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 9 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 10 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff