Norfolk star shines on German indoor stage
- Credit: British Athletics via Getty Images
Norfolk star Sophie McKinna set an indoor personal best at the indoor athletics meeting at Karslruhe in Germany.
In the second round of the competition, she put the shot out to 18.46m - one of five throws over 18m during the competition.
The Great Yarmouth athlete finished third in the event.
Her previous indoor best had been 17.97m and the performance strengthens her hold on third place all-time in the UK.
In Olympic year the distance was a tantalising five centimetres short of the Olympic qualifying performance, a distance she has already achieved outdoors.
Her throw was also a new county indoor record.
- 1 Woman in her 60s dies following Gorleston fire
- 2 Police and fire crews at house blaze next to hospital
- 3 Flooded road causes disruption to bus services and drivers
- 4 Traffic delays on major road due to burst water main
- 5 Jaguar driver admits causing crash which left man needing 'life-saving' surgery
- 6 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014
- 7 Fire crews rush to car blaze on A47
- 8 'No mask, no entry' - Cinema defends policy after turning away customers
- 9 Room with a dragon's view: Inside Norfolk's first wizard-themed hotel
- 10 Will Gorleston's splashpad open this summer?