Sportshall team from Flegg High do well
Flegg High School’s U13 girls’ team finished second at the Aviva Sportshall East Regional Secondary Schools final at Hertfordshire Sports Village.
The team were competing against the winning schools from the rest of the region and were just pipped at the post by the host county Hertfordshire.
Results: 1 Hertfordshire 169, 2 Flegg High (Norfolk) 164, 3 Essex 146, 4 Bedfordshire 142, 5 Suffolk 134.
Some Flegg highlights and outstanding individual performances on the track include Lucy Brice and Rhiannon Clarke second in the two-lap individual races; Amy Dowsett and Emily Anderson first in the four-lap individual races; Amy Dowsett first in the six-lap individual race; Amy Dowsett and Kate Canham first in the paarlauf relay.
In the field events some memorable performances included Lucy Brice first shot 9.00m; Amy Dowsett first speed bounce 80; Emily Anderson third standing triple jump 6.00m; Lucy Brice first vertical jump 59cm.
A fantastic day out was had by all.
Congratulations to the team pictured from left: Emily Anderson (captain), Rhiannon Clarke, Kate Canham, Lucy Brice, Amy Dowsett, Chloe Handford, Jade Carter, back Ellis Bull.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 3 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 6 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 7 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 8 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee