Spotlight falls on Norfolk & Suffolk Youth League’s under-nine scorers
- Credit: Archant
As the Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League reaches its fourth week the focus falls on the under nines.
Caleb and Riley scored for Great Yarmouth Town and Lex, Caspian and Alfie for Bungay Town while Kirkley & Pakefield had Ethan and Harry were on target for the Conquerors while Joshua, Luis, Oliver, Ethan, Charlie, Declan, Corey, Noah and Freddie were all on target for the Crusaders.
Gorleston Rangers had goalscorers in three different teams, Jackson for the Falcons, Kyan, Kallum, Ryley, Harvey and Lucas for the Kestrels and Lewis, Connor Sh, Jarvis and Connor Si were on target for the Eagles.
Beccles Town have two teams in action at under nine and had goalscorers on show last Sunday as Oscar and Reuben were on target for the Wasps and Oscar, Tyler, Keiran, Callum and Sammy found the net for the Hornets, as did Harvey for Sole Bay. William for the Rockets of Burnt Hill, along with Thomas, Archie, Dexter and Edward for Loddon.
Waveney had hot shots on display as James and Lawrence found the net for the Snow Leopards and Dylan, Aston, Zac, and Jenson scored the Panthers while the Tigers of Heigham Park Rangers had Arnold and Mason on target.
The new under 12 teams are in three divisions and out at the top of division one after goals from Luca with two and one from Billy are Gorleston Rangers Hawks with a 3-1 win over their Falcons who had Tyler on target. Another inter-club match saw the Cobras of Kirkley and Pakefield move up to second after defeating their Vipers 5-1.
Gorleston Rangers Eagles remain third after their 4-1 home win over Ormesby Lads thanks to a hat-trick from Oliver and one from Ajay, with Callum on target for Ormesby.
- 1 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 2 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 3 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 4 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 5 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 6 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 7 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 8 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 9 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
Waveney Thundercats had their shooting boots on as Jayden with four, Elliott, Finley, Will and Louie were all on target.
Division two has two teams sharing a 100pc start. Heigham Park Rangers Pumas had two-goal McKenzie to thank in a hard fought 2-1 home win over Bohemians Tigers while the Golden Eagles of Gorleston Rangers inflicted a first defeat of the season on the Waveney Wildcats with goals from Jaylen, Oscar, Christian, Ashton and Levi in a 5-0 home success.
Division three leaders Caister Roma maintained their fine start with goals from Oscar and Blake in their 2-0 win over Sole Bay.