Stadium plays host to round three of National Banger Series
- Credit: Archant
Everyone’s been waiting for Sunday’s meeting at Great Yarmouth stadium for Round Three of the National Banger World Series with Spedeworth/Incarace Motorsports presenting a ‘barnstormer’ of an event.
Vital World Qualifying points are on offer and as is customary with the Banger World Series, a golden ticket into the World Final race itself goes to the winner of the meeting final.
However, even with all this up for grabs do not expect it to be all about racing as the BWS Rounds have a habit of producing some great crashing action.
There is also the return of the popular Historic Stock Cars who always enjoy a ‘dust up’ at Yarmouth. This Formula replicates Spedeworth Stock Car Racing’s rich history, none more so than at Yarmouth where the Formula was idolised throughout the 70s and 80s. Today, the diversity of this Formula still grids Triumphs, Fords and even the legendary Mg Magnette together.
Back in the 1970s these were named the ‘blood and thunder brigade’ by the late, great commentator, John Earrey and today, you simply never know what is going to happen next. No doubt Bill Bylett, Gordon Coull, the usual Ipswich clan of Dave Taylor, Darryl Gilder and Nick Dellar, in his very famous Bob Studd replica, will be in the mix. We may also have a visit from Chelmsford’s Steve Adams who always seems to be in the thick of the action and possibly Holland’s Geert Roebroeks.
You may also want to watch:
Concluding the night’s action is a visit from the Stock Rods who have a very rich history associated with the stadium. They recently competed for their English Championship at Wimbledon won by John Smith and prior to that their last London Championship won by Daniel Rae. On Sunday they are contesting their 2017 Polleysport/Yokohama Tyres Series Round One. Expect the usual group of Stuart Smyth, Chris Woods, Dean O’Dell and Rae to be all wanting to be in contention for this one.
Racing starts at 5.30pm with the turnstiles opening at 4.30pm. Contact the Ipswich office on 01473 612423 asap if you would like further details of everything on offer.
- 1 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
- 7 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 8 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 9 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 10 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49