Striker turn keeper
Stalham 1, Caister 3Caister were without their first choice keeper before the game but striker Adam Flaxman stepped up and performed more than admirably.
Stalham 1, Caister 3
Caister were without their first choice keeper before the game but striker Adam Flaxman stepped up and performed more than admirably.
Caister were much the better side in the first half creating some very good chances but the score remained level due to some good saves from the Stalham keeper and not so good finishing by Caister. The threat of pace down the flanks with Anton and debutant youngster Chris Salmon was also causing Stalham problems.
However after 15 minutes it was a slide rule pass from the impressive Danny Heller that sent Chris Fielding through one-on-one and he made no mistake slotting it past the oncoming keeper. Stalham then equalised on the half hour a long hopeful ball into the box, wind assisted and the sun behind the ball bounced once and straight over the Caister keeper's head.
The second half started much the same as the first with Caister creating more chances however Stalham became more of a threat and were guilty of missing a couple of real good opportunities of their own. But it was only a matter of time before Caister got their second through Salmon and then five minutes from time substitute Dean Allard secured a good 3-1 win.
Next match home to Bungay, kick-off 2pm, meet ground 12.45pm. Any call offs ring Greeni on 07836 718829.
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 6 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 7 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 8 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 9 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 10 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
STALHAM Town had an off day and to sum up the afternoon for the Reds sub Carl Bailey missed three great chance when coming on. Duncan Beane scored the goal.
Saturday home to K&P Res 2pm.