Students learn at seminar
The O-Yama-Ryu Goshin Jitsu Martial Arts Club, held its annual three Senseis training seminar.This year it was staged at the Lichfield Community Centre opposite the Edward Worlledge School, Great Yarmouth.
The O-Yama-Ryu Goshin Jitsu Martial Arts Club, held its annual three Senseis training seminar.
This year it was staged at the Lichfield Community Centre opposite the Edward Worlledge School, Great Yarmouth.
It was again presented by the three Senseis from the O-Yama-Ryu's sister clubs, Trevor Garwood 4th Dan (Ipswich All Styles MA Club), Robert Brown 4th Dan (Bradwell All Styles) and Oliver Garwood 4th Dan (Ko Yama Ryu).
The event's host, Shihan Kevin Garwood, welcomed the three Senseis and all the students from the other clubs and hoped that all who took part in the training enjoyed trying something different from the style that they normally train in.
You may also want to watch:
Before the seminar started, Shihan Kevin Garwood presented Trevor Garwood with his new title of Renshi, in honour of his many years of service to martial arts.
The title of Renshi means “polished expert” or “senior instructor.”
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 4 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 5 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 8 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 9 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 10 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
The Goshin Jitsu Style is a combination style of self defence techniques which combines elements of Jui jitsu, Judo, Aikido, and some elements of Karate and groundwork techniques similar to some wrestling styles like Brazilian Jui Jitsu and Russian Sombo.
Anyone who is interested in finding out more about the classes for both adults and children, and any of the training venues, and the extra open training days can contact Shihan Kevin Garwood on Great Yarmouth 656538 for more details.
Or log on to the club's website www. oyamaryu.com