Sunday joy at Belton
BELTON cricketers picked up maximum points from their trip to Ashmanhaugh to get their Mid-Norfolk Sunday League season back on track with a 78-run win.
Inserted by the home side, George Savoury and Wayne Goreham added 29 before Goreham aimed an expansive off-side shot and snicked it to a grateful keeper.
Savoury was joined by Richard Goreham and they set about the bowling. Racing to 92 from 22 overs, they were parted when Savoury was bowled for 33.
Brother Adam Savoury joined in the fun as Richard Goreham got his fifty – and more – eventually falling for 74. Phil White made a quick 16 and Adam got his second 50 in two days with 56 not out. Belton finished on top at 218-3 from 40 overs.
Ashmanhaugh were off to a slow start in the face of accurate seam bowling from Phil White and Richard Goreham. At 30-1 from 10 overs they were soon woefully behind the asking rate.
J Everett kept the innings intact with 28 at the top of the order, but he got little support. A sharp run out accounted for A Blackburn for 14 – courtesy of Paul Hodds. T Daynes made a quick 29 before he was caught by Wayne Goreham off Bobby Thomas. I Webster and C Shepherd took the score past 100, but by then Belton were truly on top.
George Savory quickly dismissed M Webster as Ashmanhaugh’s innings finished on 140. Seven Belton bowlers shared the wickets.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 5 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 6 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 7 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 8 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 9 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 10 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
Belton: W Goreham c Biling b. Shepard 13, G Savoury b Webster 33, R Goreham c Daynes b Everett 74, A Savoury not out 56, P White not out 16; extras 26. Total 218-3.
Ashmanhaugh: D Musgrove c Jones b White 3, J Everett c R Goreham b Chanchalani 24, A Blackburn run out 14, C Spellman lbw White 0, M Billing c W Goreham b R Goreham 1, T Daynes c W Goreham b Thomas 29, C Everett b Chanchalani 0, I Webster b Bareham 20, C Shepherd b Jones 27, J Ahmed not out 2, M Webster b G Savoury 4; extras 19. Total 140. Bowling: P White 10-0-48-2, R Goreham 10-0-46-1, H Chanchalani 7-0-15-2, B Thomas 6-1-19-1, D Bareham 3-0-22-1, J Jones 3-0-11-1, G Savoury 0.2-0-1-1.