Sunday league cup finals close
The Aston Berry Gt Yarmouth Sunday LeagueTHE first and second divisional cup finals were played last weekend with both encounters turning out to be tight affairs with just a single goal scored in to two matches.
The Aston Berry Gt Yarmouth Sunday League
THE first and second divisional cup finals were played last weekend with both encounters turning out to be tight affairs with just a single goal scored in to two matches.
This was scored by Camden Tavern who defeated El Sol 1-0 to win the first division cup whilst Rollesby and Windmill couldn't be separated after extra time with the village side winning the lottery of the penalty shootout to lift the Division Two Cup.
In the first division Hembsy SSC and Archers finished their season with the pub side running out 5-2 winners a result that lifts them to third in the table. However should El Sol net a point from their last game against Sunningdale they will retake third and by collecting all three points would finish as runners-up.
In the second division, Camden Tavern Reserves beat a sorry Hembsy FC 11-1 whilst in the third division Star and Garter took a step nearer the title following their 6-1 win at Sun FC. Memphis Belton racked up a good 5-0 win against Rumbold Arms a result that secure them at least second place.
By the time these note are published the winner of the knockout cup will be known and this will be reported next week.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 5 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 6 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 7 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 8 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
The league would like to hear from any new clubs that are interested in joining the league for the 2010/11 season. Please contact league secretary Peter Futter 01493 661203 in the first instance.
Clubs are reminded that the scores should be phoned through to Glyn Gray by no later than 6pm on the day of the match. Failure to do so will result in a fine. Glyn can be contacted on 01493 651261 or 07504 991058.
Clubs can keep up to date with all league news, fixtures, results and tables via the following website which we are using for the season http://gtyarmouthsundayleague.blogspot. com/
Division One League Cup final: Camden Tavern 1, El Sol 0
Division Two League Cup final: Rollesby 0, Windmill 0 (Rollesby win on pens).
Division One: Hembsy SSC 2, Arches 5.
Division Two: Hembsy 1, Camden Tavern Res 11
Division Three: Memphis Belton 5, Rumbold Arms 0; Star & Garter 6, Sun FC 1.
Division One: Sunningdale Boys v El Sol, Ormesby (M Hubbard).
Division Two: Memphis Belton v Windmill, Burgh Castle (D Tozer).
Division Three: Mariners Compass v Rumbold Arms, Gorleston Rec (A Clarke); Star and Garter v Crown Stores, Gorleston Rec (N Jaques); Sun FC v Memphis Belton, Gorleston Rec (S Whitefoot).