Sunday league reaching climax of season
Halls Group Gt Yarmouth Sunday LeagueTHE Norfolk Sunday Senior Cup final ended in bitter disappointment for El Sol as they were soundly beaten 5-1 by Marlborough at Carrow Road.
Halls Group Gt Yarmouth Sunday League
THE Norfolk Sunday Senior Cup final ended in bitter disappointment for El Sol as they were soundly beaten 5-1 by Marlborough at Carrow Road.
The finalists of the Division Three Cup will be Hembsy FC and Windmill FC after both comfortably won their semi-final ties. Hembsy won through 7-1 against Venture Albion whilst Windmill defeated Sun FC 6-0. The final will be played on April 19.
The first division title looks to be heading to Camden Tavern despite them not playing at the weekend, as their nearest rivals both dropped points.
Archers take over at the top by a point as they were held to a 3-3 draw at Hembsy whilst Norton Athletic lost 2-1 at home to Sunningdale Boys.
So Archers have 24 points, with Camden and Norton on 23 but Archers only have one game remaining, Camden three and two for Norton.
- 1 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 2 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 3 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 4 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 5 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 8 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 9 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 10 The care home bringing people together in its own pub
The second division saw Newtown Golfers move closer to the perfect record as they defeated Memphis Belton 6-2. This was also the scoreline that Nothing Special won by in their match with King's Arms Crusaders, but it will be King's Arms and Belton to face relegation.
In Division Three, Belton FC ran out 4-1 winners over Crown Stores a result that puts them top of the pile by a single point. However, Windmill have four games in hand.
This week sees the first finals taking place, both at Emerald Park, Gorleston.
In the Division Two Cup Acle Wanderers take on Newtown Golfers at 11am this is followed at 1.30pm by the KO Plate final between Camden Tavern Reserves and Kings Arms Crusaders. Admission is �3/�1.50.
Any clubs wishing to enter the league for the 2009/10 season are urged to contact secretary Glyn Gray 01493 651261 in the first instance.
Results for April 5. Division One: Hembsy SSC 3, Archers 3; Norton Athletic 1, Sunningdale Boys 2.
Division Two: King's Arms Crusaders 2, Nothing Special 6; Newtown Golfers 6, Memphis
Division Three: Belton FC 4, Crown Stores 1.
Division Three Cup semi-finals: Hembsy FC 7, Venture Albion 1; Windmill 6, Sun FC 0.
Fixtures for April 12
Division One: Archers v Gorleston Albion, Beaco (N Jaques); Camden Tavern v Lacon Arms, Beaco (R Bradnum); Norton Athletic v El Sol, Norton (B Russell).
Division Three: Greengate v Belton FC, Beaco (N Evans); Hembsy FC v Rampart Signs, Hembsy (R Manship); Windmill v Cantley Rovers, Beaco (A Russell).
Division Two Cup final: Acle Wanderers v Newtown Golfers (T Scales, G Walker, A Anguish) Emerald Park 11am.
KO Plate final: Camden Tavern Reserves v Newtown Golfers (M Hubbard, G Gray, S Addy) Emerald Park 1.30pm.