Super point for Greens
Halstead Town 2, Gorleston 2GORLESTON fans must have been delighted with their team's performance on Saturday at third-place Halstead, the Ridgeons One top scorers with 85, while Gorleston have notched 74 goals.
Halstead Town 2, Gorleston 2
GORLESTON fans must have been delighted with their team's performance on Saturday at third-place Halstead, the Ridgeons One top scorers with 85, while Gorleston have notched 74 goals.
The match at Gorleston earlier this season also finished 2-2 and was a terrific encounter.
Gorleston were without Tom Marsden, who will miss the remainder of the season owing to injury. Anis Niali replaced him and performed very well.
Gorleston took the lead on 12 minutes when Kevin Howes scored his first goal for the club and proved a good foil for Lee Hunter in attack.
There were not many chances and the Gorleston defence coped well against the prolific Halstead strike force of Ray Turner and Chris Bryan.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 4 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 5 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 6 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 7 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 8 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 9 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 10 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
Ten minutes into the second half Gorleston moved 2-0 ahead when Lee Hunter fired a superb 25-yard free-kick into the top corner.
Halstead played a lot of balls into the Gorleston box. With 20 minutes to go they reduced the arrears and 10 minutes from the end they equalised.
It was then anybody's game but Gorleston defended very well with Niali well supported by the back four of Adam Thurtle, Eddie Thompson, Leon Harewood and Kyle Howell.
A very welcome point with Gorleston seventh in the table with much to play for.
Gorleston: A Niali, A Thurtle, E Thompson, L Harewood, K Howell, R Butler, P Lambert, J Bell, S Taylor, K Howes, Lee Hunter. Subs: Paul Hunter, L Goreham, H Maddison.
Gorleston have two home games over Easter, against Thetford Town tomorrow and Cornard United on Easter Monday (both 3pm).