Sutton impact in Fritton Duathlon
Great Yarmouth Roadrunners
Four members decided to take on the new challenge of the Fritton Lake Duathlon.
Cathy Tooley, Andrew Baker, Matthew Sutton and Mark Peach got there in plenty of time so they could rack their bikes and have a good warm-up as it was a chilly morning.
The course was entirely off-road, and each stage was based around the trails and surrounding woodland of the picturesque Fritton Lake Country Park.
The race started with a 3km woodland run and then a 10km bike ride and finished with a 1.5km run.
Matthew brought home the Roadrunners with Andrew close behind. Mark had Andrew in his sights all the way but could not pass him. Cathy did a sterling job as always and tore up the course with a great run and and fabulous bike. A return for the next race in January is planned.
Road Runners and students from East Norfolk Sixth Form College had a great turnout at Whitlingham for the fourth race of the season for the East Anglian League, hosted by TriAnglia. The course was an improved route from last year, with the men doing three laps of a 2.25 mile course around a grass field, through woodland (including a killer 45 step climb on each lap) and a long stretch by Whitlingham Broad. The ladies had to do two laps making it a long 4.5 mile race for them. Despite the chilly start and the snow coming down after the second lap, there were some great results from the team and its representatives.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 3 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 6 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 7 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 8 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 9 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 10 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
Men’s race: 8th Kyle Ella, 9th Sean Jermy, 11th Keelan Pywell, 21st Neil Sibley, 32nd Andrew Baker, 44th John Bone, 47th Kevan Pywell, 48th Mike Spragg, 63rd Steve Stringer. 68 runners. The Men’s A team came a brilliant 2nd, (now 4th in the league) with the B team coming 4th (now 3rd in the league).
Ladies race: 4th Catherine Lee, 11th Karen Manning, 12th Nicola Baker, 15th Jess Futter, 18th Amber Burton. 24 runners. The ladies team came 3rd and are now 3rd in the league.