Swimmers in good form
Great Yarmouth Swimming Club had two good victories on Saturday.They won the M/H Trophy at Bungay: Great Yarmouth 132, Beccles A 106, Beccles B 88, Aylsham 72.
Great Yarmouth Swimming Club had two good victories on Saturday.
They won the M/H Trophy at Bungay: Great Yarmouth 132, Beccles A 106, Beccles B 88, Aylsham 72.
At Diss they won the Tiddlers Gala: Great Yarmouth 164, Lowestoft O/B 157, Aylsham 122, Long Stratton 118, Dereham 113, Diss 98.
At Bungay the 11/u saw Ellie Holden record two good wins back and fly. Jack Utting won fly and freestyle, with Isaac Kirby coming through to win the 100m breaststroke.
The 13/u Zoe Prettyman continued her winning ways with two first places, whilst Megan Newman claimed the backstroke. The boys saw first places from Connor Webster and Tom Smith. James Applegate, back in the fold, took the 100m breaststroke.
In the 15/u Grace Hubbard had two wins with Charlotte Smith storming into first in the 100m breaststroke. For the boys Cullum McColgan took the 100m backstroke and front crawl, with the ever-improving Andrew Moore snatching the 100m breaststroke.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 3 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 4 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 5 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 6 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 7 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 8 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 9 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 10 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
In the open event Emily Pestka continues to shine, winning the 200m freestyle. Veteran James Hartwell marked his return to swimming with a fine win in the 100m breaststroke.
At Diss the first success came from Grace Baxter in the 9yrs breaststroke, with good second places from Taylor Hudson and Jake Honey in the freestyle.
Late replacement George Yusuff stroked to two first places in back and breaststroke in 10/u, whilst Chloe Beddows won the back and freestyle. Lucy Chapman got her first win for the club in breaststroke.
In the 11/u sectionn Ryan Driver and Declan Scott got amongst the first places in backstroke and freestyle and Kaleigh Beare fought hard in taking the girls' breaststroke.
Catherine Lee showed exceptional improvement to win the 12/u fly and third place in the freestyle, with Kayleigh Applegate smoothly winning the breaststroke and second in the backstroke.
The rest of the team, all of whom came third or fourth, were Abbie Broughton, Danielle Page, Bethany Roberts, Rebbeca Spry, Harriet Goldspink, Patrick Manning, Joe Slatter, Andrew Hacon, and Oscar Moore.