Swimmers in league action
SWIMMING: On Saturday in the final rounds of the Suffolk Summer League the Great Yarmouth SC A team in the first division finished fourth, the B team swimming in the second division came last. The A team 10/u girls saw second places for Atlanta Jarvis, backstroke and freestyle and thirds for Jenna Utting breastroke and fly. For the boys, Aaron Hudson had a second in backstroke and a third in the fly.
The 11/u best result came from Lauren James, second in breastroke and fourth in fly.
The 12/u saw Danielle Page win a first place in breastroke and a third in fly. Taylor Hudson, swimming her fastest yet in freestyle, had two fourth places backstroke and freestyle. Oliver Tedstone had a personal best for his second place in fly, and was fourth in the breastroke, as was Jake Honey in backstroke.
The 13/u girls’ best place was a fourth for Laura Loveland in the breastroke. The boys saw a third for Alexander Goff in the fly, but the best performance of the gala came from Isaac Kirby with three excellent first places 100m I/M, 100m breastroke, and a 59-second 100m freestyle. This should spur him to a good performance in the National Age Group Championships.
The B team had some good results with Emma Gordon freestyle and backstroke and Clarissa Burwood breastroke and fly getting second places for the 10/u. Samuel Skuse swept the board with three excellent first places in freestyle, backstroke, and breastroke.
Luke Daine, in his first gala, was first in the 11/u backstroke.
Bethany Burwood soared away to win the 12/u breastroke and swam up an age group for a second place in the 13/u I/M. Loretta Askew was unlucky to only finish second in all of her three races, freestyle, backstroke, fly.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 3 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 4 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 8 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 9 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
The 13/u saw a determined Thomas Clarke come first with a pb in the backstroke.
To join the club ring Nigel on 01493 377906.