Gorleston beat Fakenham in a fixture they originally lost
- Credit: Archant
Gorleston gained three bonus points on Tuesday evening as they made it three wins in a row thanks to a two goals from Nathan Russell.
This game had originally been played in October with Fakenham winning but they had fielded an ineligible player so the Greens were given another chance.
Stewart Larter went for a more attacking line-up against the side second from bottom with four changes from the victory over Ely.
Owen French, Elliott Hannant, Joel Watts and Mitch McKay all dropped to the bench with Jackson Ramm, Kyle Ingram, Ross Gilfedder and Sean Perfect all starting.
It took 14 minutes for either goalkeeper to be tested after some nice work by Perfect on the left led to a Gilfedder lay-off to Peter Lambert but his shot was at keeper Tommy Rix.
Shortly after a Josh Youngs header from a Fakenham free-kick went to Scott Foreman before Ramm and Russell both had efforts go over.
As the half ended Gilfedder blazed over at one end before Ricky Claxton returned the compliment at the other.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 5 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 6 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 10 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
The Greens had edged the first half and finally found the net two minutes into the second half.
Ramm slid the ball across from the right with it finding Russell in the middle. His shot seemed to be scuffed into the ground where it bounced up and over Rix and into the net.
Eight minutes later a superb crossfield pass from Ingram picked out Gilfedder who powered goalwards but he effort was saved by the keeper’s legs.
Fakenham then their best period of the match as they went searching for the equaliser but they didn’t get a chance to create too much threat to the Greens goal with the Gorleston defence standing firm.
The Greens doubled their lead in the 70th minute when Russell, on the right, latched on to a long ball out of defence. He cut inside to the edge of the box where he struck a superb left foot curler into the far corner of the net for his third goal in three games since rejoining.
Match sponsors were Fusion Hair Consultants and they awarded the Batemans man of the match to Nathan Russell.
Gorleston: Foreman, Yusuff (Hannant 89), Goreham, Ramm, Shade, Taylor, Russell (Fatadjo 89), Lambert, Gilfedder, Ingram, Perfect (McKay 85). Attendance: 95.