Title-chasing Acle torpedo the Yachtsmen
Acle 5 Wroxham Res 1
Sterry Cup chasers Acle put the youthful Yachtsmen’s defence under pressure from minute one and after 13 minutes Daniel Foreman’s low corner eluded everyone except the alert Goodwin who forced the ball in from close range.
After some neat interplay the ball found Daniel Foreman who delivered a ball to Thompson, who sidestepped two defenders before picking his spot to make it 2-0 after only 28 minutes.
On 35 minutes Goodwin was felled about 25 yards from goal and Hipperson fired his trademark free-kick into the top corner of the net leaving the keeper rooted to the spot. On the stroke of half time Hipperson chased a long clearance from keeper Foreman and squared the ball to Thompson, who under pressure from the defender, slotted the ball home.
In the second half Acle continued where they left off before the break and were playing some nice one-touch football that has been a big factor in the success this season, with the back four of Colk, Hodds, Faulkes and Palmer doing an excellent job of protecting the impressive Scott Foreman in the acle goal.
On the hour mark a double substitution saw the introduction of new signing Olly McCarthy from Great Yarmouth Town and Robbie Oldham who both impressed.
After 70 minutes D. Foreman and Hipperson combined well down the left and Foreman raced on to a through ball and found the top corner with a shot with the outside of his left boot.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 6 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 7 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 8 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
- 9 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 10 Consultant maps his medical journey
Wroxham scored a consolation goal when a good strike took a slight deflection past Foreman.