Top snooker date
NOW entering its record-breaking 26th season, Premier League Snooker is back for 2011 and Potters Leisure Resort have announced they will be hosting the semi-finals and final of the distinguished event on Saturday, and Sunday, November 26 and 27.
After last year’s sell-out event, Premier League Snooker returns to Potters with a dynamic new format.
Player numbers are increasing from the traditional seven players to ten to accommodate the winners of every major event in the world snooker calendar.
The new format is set to make the standard of play even higher, with number one seed, Ronnie O’Sullivan fighting to win his tenth league title and retain his crown.
Matchroom Sport chairman Barry Hearn is excited about the up coming season and it’s thrilling new format.
“Last season was a watershed year for snooker and one of the consequences has been the incredible standard of play and the number of players now operating at the very highest level of the sport,” he said
The much-loved sporting event that is watched by millions of viewer worldwide and live on Sky Sports each year will be held in Potters state-of-the-art International Arena, holding over 1,000 snooker fans from around the world.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 3 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 4 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 5 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 6 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 7 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 8 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 9 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 10 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
Potters chairman Brian Potter commented: “It’s hugely satisfying for both Norfolk residents and the Potters team for us to be hosting this major televised sporting event for a fourth year in a row. And, with the new format now in place, the competition is set to be as fierce as ever.”
Tickets can be purchased for �18 (semis) and �22 (final). VIP tickets are also available for �23 (semis) and �27 (final) offering fans the opportunity to get close to the action with the best seats in the house. Two-day tickets are also available from �30.
All tickets are now available. To book, call 0845 456 6537.
For more information visit the website www.pottersholidays.com or call the reservation team on 0845 456 6537.