Tornados squeeze through in shield
- Credit: Archant
The long-awaited Norfolk & Suffolk Youth League Under 15 Shield semi-final was played and Gorleston Tornados and Long Stratton Reds produced a match worthy of any final.
Long Stratton took an early lead from a penalty and while many thought this was to be the only goal, both forward lines had other ideas and the Tornados got themselves level. The score did not stay level for long and Stratton took full advantage to regain their lead.
With three minutes to play a last-chance corner saw Tornados level thanks to a header at the far post. Both teams had given everything and extra time saw the pace slow. Two quick Tornados goals put them in front and two later goals, one for each side, gave the final scoreline of 6-3.
It has taken almost five months but Charlie’s goal, the only one of the match, gave Thorpe Rovers their first win with a 1-0 away victory at Jaguars of Bohemians in Division Four.
Enjoying a huge lead at the top are Bungay Athletic. Goals from Harry, Alfie, Niall and Harrison secured the points over Cougars of Waveney. AC Mill Lane, with goals from Chelton and Macey, kept the leaders in their sights after a 4-2 win at Hemsby who had Connor and Haydn on target.
You may also want to watch:
The Under 13 Division Three is more congested as Gorleston Rangers had James to thank for his five goals in a 5-3 win over second-placed Burnt Hill. Kings of Kirkley and Pakefield took full advantage to move within a point of Burnt Hill after goals from Cameron, George, Robbie, Matthew, Oliver, Samuel and Brandon secured three points in a win over Wasps of Beccles.
Cobholm stay fourth after goals from Charlie, Bubby and Regan secured three points with a 4-1 win over Eagles of Caister Roma.
- 1 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 10 Warning about ‘you’re wanted for arrest’ cold call tax scam
Gorleston Rangers Hawks closed the gap at the top of Under 13 Division Two to four points after a home win over Gorleston. In Division One there are two teams locked at the top on 30 points. Waveney Panthers made the short trip to play Meerkats and won 2-0, while Martham could not hold rampant Falcons who returned home with three points.
Congratulations go to Waveney Jaguars for their first point of the season in a 3-3 draw, as two goals from Brandon and one from Joshua saw them draw with Caister Roma Gladiators.