Two centuries in Acle’s weekend
A good weekend for Acle in league and Carter Cup cricket produced two centuries.
Acle routed Bradfield by 144 runs in the battle of the morning’s top two in Norfolk Alliance Division One.
Adam Munford (pictured first right) fired 107 and Geoff Handley added 56 as Acle made 252 for nine before Bradfield were bowled out for 108.
Paul Newman and Jon Lee (3-29) began with seven maidens in succession.
Acle’s 25 points took them eight points clear of Old Buckenham. Acle have four wins and a winning draw from their opening five matches.
You may also want to watch:
FG Colk man-of-the-match: Adam Munford.
Next game is away to Norwich (Postwick).
- 1 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 2 Funding worth £98m secured for Yarmouth's Third River Crossing
- 3 ‘It was my life’ - Lollipop lady retires after 45 years serving village school
- 4 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk needs own Covid tier, say MPs ahead of restrictions decision
- 6 Delays expected in Great Yarmouth due to quayside roadworks
- 7 Woman, 30s, repeatedly punched in face during assault at Asda
- 8 The most wanted men in Norfolk: have you seen these criminals?
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 How Norfolk coupon queen's new bargain bible could help you save
In the second round of the Carter Cup, Acle beat visitors Stow by 141 runs.
Acle made 265 for seven, Rob Porter’s 148 rated as one of the best Acle innings in this competition, for which he was named man of the match (pictured far right). Darren Ward made 43no.
Stow were bowled out for 120 with Shaun Roberts claiming four for 25 and Josh Wilson three for 17.
Acle: R Porter c Cook b Ward 148, G Handley b Dyer 5, D Huggins lbw Ring 30, T Wilson c Cook b Redhead 1, C Press c Redhead b Ring 1, P Munford c Ward b Thomson 0, D Ward not out 43, P Newman c Cook b Ward 21; extras 16. Total (7 wkts) 265. Bowling: S Dyer 12-0-73-1, D Ward 11-0-76-2, S Moulton 6-0-28-0, J Ring 12-4-23-2, J Redhead 12-2-27-1, K Thomson 7-1-28-1.
Stow: W Denny c Huggins b Newman 4, J Redhead b J Wilson 11, S Dyer c Press b Lee 0, E Landymore c Newman b J Wilson 12, K Thomson c Roberts b T Wilson 5, D Ward c J Wilson b Roberts 30, S Moulton b J Wilson 2, M Blowers lbw Roberts 1, G Cook not out 7, J Ring c Huggins b Roberts 20, J Butt c Ward b Roberts 2; extras 30. Total 124. Bowling: P Newman 8-4-9-1, J Lee 11-6-12-1, T Wilson 6-0-24-1, J Wilson 6-2-17-3, R Porter 4-1-23-0, S Roberts 7.4-3-25-4.
In Alliance Division Three, Acle A (212 for four) took 23 points from their match with Sprowston A (210 for six) and are fourth.