Two-wheel ace needs a sponsor
Race ace Charlie King is aiming at a successful season on the motorcycling circuit.The 13-year-old from Gorleston is looking forward to getting on the grid for first race of the 2010 125 GP series at Brands Hatch next month.
Race ace Charlie King is aiming at a successful season on the motorcycling circuit.
The 13-year-old from Gorleston is looking forward to getting on the grid for first race of the 2010 125 GP series at Brands Hatch next month.
The competition is renowned for its fierce track battles, with the stars of tomorrow hoping to catch the eye of some of motor racing's major players.
For Charlie it is another step towards fulfilling his dream of a professional racing career in the Moto GP series. He stared racing Mini Motos as a six year old and is hoping for some podium finishes this year.
The Oriel High School pupil will be among the youngest racers in the championship which is shown on the British Eurosport TV channel.
He said: “I am really struggling to find a sponsor at the moment, so if anyone could help me that would be great. My mum and dad do all they can to help and travel with me to all my races. My bike is not as fast as some of the other racers and to compete successfully I really need more support.”
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 4 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 5 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 6 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 7 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 8 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 9 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
Shaun Thompson from S and S Panel Craft gave Charlie's bike a re-spray and the engine was rebuilt by Phil Allen (see picture above).
Anyone able to sponsor Charlie should email email@example.com