Weekend of medals joy
ROLLER SKATING: Yet another winning weekend for Stalham Artistic Roller Skating Club as they celebrated a fantastic haul of 14 gold, 10 silver and two bronze medals from the Moonrakers Summer Competition held in Newbury, Berkshire.
Gold medals were awarded to Celena Woods for Novice solo dance (non-medallist), Emily Woods for Preliminary solo dance, Stalham Stars (Tamara, Emily and Celena) and Stalham Starlites (Emma Sargeant, Elena and Erin) for Super Teams of Three, Erin Seaman and Celena Woods for Novelty Couples, Sasha Ellison and Tamara Ellison for senior novelty couples and Elena Dickenson and Kerry Asta Pickering for novelty OSP.
Silver medals went to Erin Seaman for novice solo dance (non-medallist), Kerry Asta Pickering for solo dance, Tamara Ellison for solo dance (bronze standard), Stalham Diamonds (Richard Whitlock, Jessica and Erin) for novice teams of three, Emily Woods and Toni Lowe for novelty couples and Elena Dickenson and Kerry Asta Pickering for senior novelty couples.
Bronze medals were awarded to Erin Seaman and Celena Woods for their novelty OSP.
Jessica Taylor skated to an impressive fifth place out of 10 for newcomers solo dance while Claire Hardy just missed out on a bronze medal for her solo dance.
The club’s British squad skater Emily Woods recently skated for Great Britain in the International Solo Dance Crystal Tulip Cup, Moerkapelle in The Netherlands.
Skating in the Espoir section, which was the largest group in the three day competition, Emily achieved an amazing eighth place out of 25 skaters with her swing foxtrot and canasta tango compulsory dances which, combined with her freedance result, put her in seventh place overall.
- 1 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 2 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 3 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 4 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 5 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 7 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 8 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 9 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
Skaters from Great Britain, Germany and the Netherlands took part. Emily’s next international adventure will be representing Great Britain in the Cup of Europe, Gujan Mestras, France in October.
Grades and fun sessions are held every Saturday (2 to 4pm) and Sunday (2.30 to 4.30pm) in the main sports hall at the rear of the Marina Centre, Marine Parade, Great Yarmouth (please check with main reception before attending as sessions are not always held on competition weekends).
Skaters can attend dance sessions by invitation of the coaches once a certain level has been achieved.
For more details, contact club coach Martin Pickering on 01493 655552.