Wildcats beat rivals to remain clear at the top of the table
- Credit: PA
The chase for the Under 14 title in the Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League became no clearer on Sunday as the top teams overcame difficult fixtures to stay out in front.
Current leaders Wildcats of Kirkley and Pakefield returned home 2-1 winners at Gorleston FC to maintain their 15-point lead at the top of the table.
The chasing pack include Eagles of Gorleston Rangers, 2-0 home winners over Kirkley & Pakefield Comets. After a goalless first half Eagles took the lead with a strike high into the top corner. A penalty secured the points for Eagles. They have enough games in hand to catch Wildcats.
AC Mill Lane brushed aside relegation fears with a 7-2 home win over Halesworth who slip to second bottom following Kirkley & Pakefield Vikings’ three points at struggling Gorleston Rangers Ospreys in a very sporting encounter, recording a 7-1 victory.
In Division Two at Under 14 level, runaway leaders as Loddon kept up their 100 per cent record winning on their travels at Beccles Hornets. Waveney Lions move into second after winning at previously second-placed Acle 2-1.
You may also want to watch:
Dropping down to the under sevens, goalscoring was important and starting the roll of honour was Jack, Oakley, Fraser and Jude for Kirkley Royals, and Dylan, Louie and Thomas for Beccles as they scored for Bees and Hornets. Kyan, Ellis and Ryley had their scoring boots on for Hawks of Gorleston Rangers. Hemsby had Harvey, Harry, Dexter and Theo with goals as did Ormesby Lads who had Benjamin and Noah on target. Gorleston FC Hurricanes had Harry and Lucas supplying goals and Henry, Ethan and Max were on target for Loddon.
The league has semi-final cup action this weekend at Under 15 with Gorleston Tornados hosting Reds of Long Stratton. At Under 14 Beccles Wasps welcome Wildcats of Kirley and Pakefield. At Under 13 there are two semi-finals as Waveney Jaguars host Kirkley and Pakefield Kings and Hawks of Gorleston Rangers renew rivalry with Gorleston FC.
- 1 'Appalling' - bid for flat-pack flats sparks anger on coast
- 2 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 3 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 4 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 5 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 6 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 7 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 8 Boy, aged one, who suffered severe burns now 'looking forward to Christmas'
- 9 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 10 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
The Under 11s have Trophy and Plate semi-finals on the same day as Kirkley Cobras host Ormesby Lads and Hawks of Gorleston Rangers welcome Long Stratton in the Trophy, with Kirkley Vipers hosting Freethorpe and Beccles Hornets Eagles of Gorleston Rangers in the Plate.