Wildcats end Norfolk & Suffolk Youth League season on a high note
- Credit: Archant
With the Norfolk & Suffolk Youth League Under-14 Division One title going to the last Sunday of the season it was the turn of either Kirkley & Pakefield Wildcats or Gorleston Rangers Eagles to be crowned champions.
Goals from Bradley and Jake secured the title for the Wildcats and no doubt both teams will be competing again for honours next season.
Gorleston FC Tornados, who have had a great season after last year’s struggles, also left it to the last game of the season as goals from Zak, Josh, Jude and Harry saw them crowned Under-15 division two champions in a 4-1 home win over Stalham.
There is one final play-off match this Sunday when AC Mill Lane and Hemsby contest the runners-up position in Under-12 Division Four.
Hemsby’s 5-1 win over Loddon set up by two goals from Connor and Kasey and one from Haydn locked both teams together on 39 points, and with goal difference no longer applicable in youth football a play-off match is needed.
The Hurricanes of Gorleston FC ended the season as they started it with a win, this time over the Royals of Kirkley & Pakefield. A 7-1 away win was enough for the Hurricanes to remain unbeaten all season. Long Stratton Reds picked up only their fifth point of the season in their last match of the season in a 2-2 draw with Caister Roma.
Last day of the season goalscorers included Josh B, Thomas, Joss C, Max, Zach and Harrison, all on target for the Lions of Waveney in their Under 14 match with Beccles Town Hornets.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 3 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 4 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 8 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 9 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
Beccles Wasps had Kian on target with the only goal in a 1-0 win over Mutford at Under 12, and further Wasps goals from Jeremy, Max, Sam, Tyler, Adam, Jake and Jay secured a home win for the Under 14 team over Freethorpe.
The season all came to an end for Long Stratton Under 14 as they secured the three points to take runners-up position in Under 14 division two with goals from Maximillian and Ewan in a nervous 2-1 win over Martham who had Kai on the scoresheet for them.
This Saturday is the first of the presentation nights with up to 1,000 people expected at the Ocean Room in Gorleston at one of the biggest events of its kind with teams from under-seven to Under-12 getting their evening in the spotlight. Entrance is by ticket only.