Windmill move a step closer to Yarmouth Sunday league title
Great Yarmouth Sunday League (sponsored by the Cliff Hotel)
The Division Two League Cup final will be between Windmill Reserves, and last week’s other winning semi-finalists Gorleston Rangers, who defeated Hemsby 2-1 in a competitive clash at Hemsby.
In Division One, possibly the result of the day was Tramway’s 4-1 win against Yarmouth White Sox on the Beaco. Windmill’s push towards the league title took them a step closer, as they won 9-2 over Bohemians.
El Sol bounced back to winning ways with a 10-1 trouncing of Martham on Green Lane.
Camden Tavern continued in the winning vein with a 4-0 victory over Rollesby. And a solitary goal was enough to give Venture Albion all three points in a close match with Acle Wanderers on Mill Lane.
In Division Two Windmill Reserves surge for the league and cup double continues as they defeated Breydon Utd 4-0.
There were 10 goals in the Cliffside v Camden Tavern Res game, with Camden edging it 6-4.
- 1 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 2 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 3 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 4 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 5 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 6 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 7 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 8 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 9 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
Lichfield Arms ran riot against AC Mill Lane scoring 15 times without reply, Darren Becket leading the way with eight – Glyn Gray.