Winning start for Greens
Gorleston 3 Long Melford 1GORLESTON got their season off to a winning start with a comfortable victory over Long Melford.It was a more than satisfactory start in the first competitive match in charge for new boss Richard Daniels.
NEW Gorleston boss Richard Daniels has made an impressive managerial debut at Emerald Park with back to back home wins.
The Greens made the perfect start to the season following Saturday's 3-1 win over Long Melford by bagging all three points with a 1-0 victory over Fakenham Town on Tuesday night.
Daniels is hoping the results will provide a springboard for the season ahead and, more immediately, Saturday's FA cup clash at Ridgeons First Division rivals Cornard United, kick off 3pm.
He said: “The two wins have given us a little momentum, but we are taking each game as it comes.
“There is still more to come in terms of performance, but I'm encouraged by what we have achieved so far.”
A brace from Neil Hurren and a Luke Goreham strike gave the Greens a comfortable win against Long Melford.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 6 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 7 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 8 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 9 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 10 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
Midfielder Goreham was on target again Tuesday night in a hard fought encounter with Fakenham.
Both sides created chances in an entertaining match with Daniels hailing the performance of defenders Adam Thurtle and Eddie Thompson.