Wonder strike boosts Acle United
Brandon 1, Acle United 2A WONDER strike from central defender Daniel Foreman set United on the way to maintaining their flying start to the Anglian Combination Premier Division season.
Brandon 1, Acle United 2
A WONDER strike from central defender Daniel Foreman set United on the way to maintaining their flying start to the Anglian Combination Premier Division season.
Foreman struck after 32 minutes of the second half when he picked up the ball some 25 yards out and unleashed a venomous curling left-foot shot that gave Hovell in Brandon's goal no earthly chance.
Brandon offered little in attack as the Foreman brothers kept home dangerman Waites in check, although he did have one headed effort that finished wide from a corner.
Acle compounded Brandon's misery when Thompson again tore through the heart of their defence only to be upended with the clock showing 82 minutes played. James Foreman hammered the spot kick low under the keeper's body.
This stirred Bandon to attack and Acle had Broadbent harshly sent off following a mix-up on the edge of the penalty area, Brandon having their player receive a yellow card and being awarded a penalty which was converted by Waites.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 3 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 6 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 7 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 8 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 9 Work under way on Yarmouth's new enterprise hub
- 10 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
Brandon refused to be overawed by Acle's fine start to the season and tried to play an attacking game, but were continually pegged back in their own half by the skilful play the visitors displayed from every position.