Yarmouth and Gorleston prepare for new football season
Yarmouth Town begin the countdown to the new season in earnest tomorrow when they host Norwich United in a friendly at the Wellesley (3pm).
A busy programme for Mike Derbyshire’s men this month sees them travel to Wroxham for a triangular tournament before trips to Hempnall, North Walsham, and Corton.
On July 28th the Bloaters are scheduled to take part in Sailor Brown tournament action at Gorleston and host Hemel Hempstead Town.
Gorleston’s series of engagements in the run-up to the new Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties Premier Division campaign begins when they entertain Lowestoft on July 21. Wroxham are set to visit on July 24, with a trip to Swaffham the following evening.
The final game before the new league season kicks off will be a trip to North Walsham on July 31.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Daniels, manager of ther Greens, who were holding their annual meeting last night, has described the work behind the scenes this summer so far as “superb.”
He commented: “Everybody seems to be looking forward to the forthcoming season, albeit the first league game on Saturday August 4 is far too early, by at least a fortnight.”
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 5 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 6 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 7 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 8 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 9 A 'sad day for the village' as clifftop cafe is demolished
- 10 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
He reported that all of last season’s players had signed with the exception of Kyle Ingram.
“Kyle has moved across to Acle, we wish him all the best.
“We are still waiting on a couple of players.
“As yet they have not made their decision on where they will be playing their football this season.”
Six teams have entered the Sailor Brown Trophy on Saturday July 28, 10 am start.
A youth tournament will be running on the training pitch on the same day.
Yarmouth fixtures: Norwich United h (tomorrow 3); Wroxham tournament a (July 14); Hempnall a (July 18); N Walsham a (July 21); Corton a (July 25); Hemel Hempstead h (July 28); Sailor Brown Tournament (July 28); Kirkley and Pakefield h (August 1); Stalham a (August 2); Sheringham a (August 4, cup); Caister h (August 8); Spixworth a (August 11).
Gorleston fixtures: Lowestoft h (July 21; Wroxham h (July 24); Swaffham a (July 25); TBA a (July 28); Sailor Brown Tournament h (July 28); N Walsham a (July 31); first league game (August 4).