Norfolk boxer to represent England at Barcelona bout
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk boxer will represent England next month at a bout in Spain.
Mikie Webber-Kane, 20, from Great Yarmouth, trains at Spartans Gym in the seaside town.
He was called up to represent the country in the Amateur Boxing Association fight against a boxer representing Catalonia on May 5.
Mr Webber-Kane has fought for England before at a competition in March.
Although he lost the fight, having been called up at the last minute, England won the series 4-3.
He will drop down to lightweight for the next fight.
Tony Norman, who runs Spartans gym, said the call-up was special because the gym was still in its first season.
- 1 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 2 Rescue hope for iconic hotel declared 'at risk' by national body
- 3 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 4 What the census tells us about Great Yarmouth
- 5 Great Yarmouth Row focused in arts documentary
- 6 Renewed bid to bulldoze 'ugly mess' country pub for homes
- 7 Great Yarmouth brain tumour patient to carry Queen's Baton
- 8 Carnival fun finally returns to town after Covid disruption
- 9 'He was a great guest' - Tyson Fury stays at Gorleston hotel
- 10 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
Mr Webber-Kane recently won a title.
At the Hayes Working Men’s Club he defeated Lee Stevenson from Finchley to claim the light welterweight north west division London ABA challenge belt.