Norfolk boxer to represent England at Barcelona bout
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk boxer will represent England next month at a bout in Spain.
Mikie Webber-Kane, 20, from Great Yarmouth, trains at Spartans Gym in the seaside town.
He was called up to represent the country in the Amateur Boxing Association fight against a boxer representing Catalonia on May 5.
Mr Webber-Kane has fought for England before at a competition in March.
Although he lost the fight, having been called up at the last minute, England won the series 4-3.
He will drop down to lightweight for the next fight.
Tony Norman, who runs Spartans gym, said the call-up was special because the gym was still in its first season.
- 1 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 2 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 3 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 4 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 5 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 9 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
- 10 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
Mr Webber-Kane recently won a title.
At the Hayes Working Men’s Club he defeated Lee Stevenson from Finchley to claim the light welterweight north west division London ABA challenge belt.