Norfolk boxer to represent England at Barcelona bout
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk boxer will represent England next month at a bout in Spain.
Mikie Webber-Kane, 20, from Great Yarmouth, trains at Spartans Gym in the seaside town.
He was called up to represent the country in the Amateur Boxing Association fight against a boxer representing Catalonia on May 5.
Mr Webber-Kane has fought for England before at a competition in March.
Although he lost the fight, having been called up at the last minute, England won the series 4-3.
You may also want to watch:
He will drop down to lightweight for the next fight.
Tony Norman, who runs Spartans gym, said the call-up was special because the gym was still in its first season.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 5 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 6 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 7 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 8 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
Mr Webber-Kane recently won a title.
At the Hayes Working Men’s Club he defeated Lee Stevenson from Finchley to claim the light welterweight north west division London ABA challenge belt.