Yarmouth boxer's victory against 'tricky southpaw'
- Credit: Mikie Webber-Kane
A Great Yarmouth boxer is on a roll as he picked up a second win on the bounce and prepared for his next challenge.
Mikie Webber-Kane, 23, beat Lee Hallett by points decision on November 5 at the Holiday Inn at Norwich Airport.
The super-welterweight said: "It was a really good fight, a step up in opponent for me.
"He's a good lad and a tricky southpaw, which can be very awkward.
"But it's a good experience to come across earlier in my career, rather than later."
"Part of the start of your career is all about those learning fights.
"It's a good experience.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 Town road works extended due to depression in road surface
- 3 'There will be a huge impact' - Councillor's fears ahead of 665 homes vote
- 4 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 5 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 8 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 9 Great Yarmouth resident calls for larger bins in borough beauty spot
- 10 Marine company feeling buoyant after securing pilot launch contract
"I learnt a lot from the fight, and still got the win.
"I can't complain."
The Yarmouth fighter is currently in another training camp preparing for his next fight on December 18 at the Norfolk Showground.
His opponent is to be confirmed.
Mikie Webber-Kane would also like to thank the following:
- Graham Everett at Pro Box Norwich
- Mervyn Turner at Jamrock Promotions
- Windmill Sports Bar
- Fallen Angels
- Hippodrome Circus
- Dance Estelle
- App Med Ltd
- Rainmaker SOS
- Anglia Copy and Print
- What is Hip
- Luke Sweeny
- Danny Crocket
- Craig Levers
- Paul Stone
- The Ocean Room