Yarmouth kickboxers chasing world titles
SIX Great Yarmouth junior kickboxers have been selected for the 40-member England team attending the 2010 World Junior Kickboxing Championships in Edinburgh.
The kickboxers, who all train at the 3 Lions Gym, were the biggest group selected from one club in the country. No other club in England had more than two members selected, again proving the strength of the 3 Lions junior kickboxing team.
The team sets out for Edinburgh this weekend and will spend a week in Scotland fighting eliminator rounds with teams from the Ukraine, Canada, USA, France, Sweden, Iran, Greece, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Germany, Lebanon, Wales, Ireland, Belgium, and Russia.
The semi-finals and finals of each weight and age category will take place on the last two days where the remaining fighters will be competing for the coveted gold, silver and bronze medals and the honour of being crowned junior world champion.
The 2009 silver medallist Dan Dawson (16) will again be representing England in the -60k (15-17-year-olds) full contact category.
Double British schoolgirl champion Kelsea Carroll (13) will contest the -40k (12-14-year-olds) in both full contact category and the light continuous category.
British champion Ben Mitchell (13) will be in the -45k (12-14-year-olds) full contact category.
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 6 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 7 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 8 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 9 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
Jack Docherty (16) will be in the -60kilos (15-17-year-olds) full contact category. Conor Judge (15) will fight in the -50 Kilos (15-17-year-olds) category and the team’s youngest member Carlos Regini-Moran (11) will be in the -30 Kilos (9-11-year-olds) full contact category.
All members have tried to secure sponsorship for the cost of the trip. Carlos would like to thank Lee from Labbs Solutions for his help, and Kelsea is sponsored by Munro personal fitness training.
All the team would like to thank coaches Frank Crosswell, John Hutchins, Glen Moran and Dave Munro for getting them ready for the championships.
n Anyone who may be interested in sponsoring any of these talented junior fighters can call the gym on 07881 694331.