Youth football news


- Credit: Archant

Gorleston Rangers Eagles U9. In the first half Eagles played against the wind. It was a very run of the mill first half performance with the boys doing just enough to keep the ball at the right end of the pitch.

Ollie F was working well all through midfield and got his just desserts with a well-taken goal.

Eagles had the wind at their backs in the second half and after an inspiring half time team talk the boys went out and actually started passing the ball about. This opened up K and P and more chances were created, leaving Jake with little to do again, in goal. Travis and Andrew combined well at the back in the absence of George (with Kye dropping later and grabbing a goal), with Robbie his usual lively self. Ollie D linking well between midfield and attack, Ollie F weighed in with another couple to complete his hat-trick and a fine MOM performance and Kian with a brilliant mazy run beating three players and finishing with his left foot. It’s a big game this weekend with a cup semi-final against Ormesby at home. KO time tbc. Training as usual tomorrow.

FC Bradwell U12 England lost their second game of the season against Bungay. With the wind in the first half England dominated, but Bungay’s keeper was on top form and England had numerous chances to take the lead early on. A dubious free kick rebounded to a Bungay player who scored the only goal of the game.

England didn’t play football in the first half at all. In the second half England started to play the ball on the ground but couldn’t find the back of the net. It was not a great game, one to learn from and move on. MoM Kyle, for his solid defensive display.

Bohemians Galaxy U11 welcomed Beccles to New Road for the first time. The team talk was all about playing the ball along the floor due to the wind and playing with a high tempo as this was a crucial match. From the off Galaxy dominated the possession and on three minutes a fierce corner from Kalvin bounced off a Beccles defender and went into the net. On nine minutes a surging run from Floyd deserved a goal but the shot was well stopped by the away keeper. The cross-field wind was playing havoc with the ball and it was a struggle to play with any degree off quality, however, the home side were making the better off the conditions with Beccles being forced back into their own half for the first 30 minutes.

Matty, Mitchell, Joey and Joe all had chances to stretch the lead but a combination of good saves and shots going astray kept the scoreline too close going into the break.

Most Read

The team talk was all about not letting the away side use the wind to their advantage and closing down quickly. However, in the second half Galaxy were pinned back into their own half for the first 10 minutes with the away side making better use off a brisk wind.

However, Charlie was rarely troubled and the home side started to stamp their authority with some great passing moves straight from the training ground.

On 56 minutes a great counter attack saw Mitchell, Kieran, Joshua and Joe all combine and Joshua’s pace resulted in a second goal.

That seemed to settle the home side down and on 56 minutes a committed run by Mitchell resulted in a one-on-one with the keeper and Mitchell managed to beat the heroic away keeper and place the ball into a empty net. Final score 3-0. MOM Connor.

It was a much deserved win although the weather conditions did play their part. However, it’s another good solid display and shows that Galaxy can adapt to the situations that arises. A big thank you to Charlie for stepping between the sticks in Trent’s absence.

FC Bradwell U12 Spain played joint top K&P Wildcats. FCB started timidly compared to recent performances but came well into the game as it went on. FCB probably should have gone in ahead at half time with Dalton running at the Wildcats defence and he was desperately unlucky with three shots that went just wide whilst Curtis hit the post. As often happens, Wildcats then scored a scrappy goal. However, at half time and with the wind and hill in FCB’s favour, FCB looked good for a result.

However, the Wildcats showed some Division One behaviours that FCB struggled to deal with positively and despite some good forward balls from both Marshall and Jack, FCB were unable to capitilise. Then, as they pushed more men forward looking for an equaliser they got caught twice more on the break. FCB should have got something and that shows how far the boys have come.

MOM Camron for a really solid CDM display and CMoM was Curtis for a superb work rate and pure determination. Thanks to Kingfisher for the sponsorship.

Acle Utd U12 travelled to Martham on what was a very blustery morning to try to consolidate second place in the table.Having lost the flip of the coin Martham chose to go with the wind in the first half. With the kids raring to go we soon got to grips with the poor pitch and the wind trying to play the football we know we can play. We had set the side out to be strong in defence and midfield and for the first 20 minutes of the half it was an even game.

We tried to use our wings with the right hand side being more favorable due the wind and had several good attacks either resulting in a shot on target or a corner. Around about the 25 minute mark we broke out of midfield with Reece pouncing on the ball and running at goal only for the first shot to be saved by the keeper who pushed it out for the ball to bobble around in the box to fall to Reece who beat the keeper slotting into the right hand side for a 0-1 lead. We saw the first half out with Martham not really having a clear chance at goal to come in with a 0-1 lead. Acle started the second half in much the same way, finding the gaps that were now appearing both down the right and left hand sides.

Pushing forward with both Jayden and Sam from midfield Acle had many good attempts but could not find the finish they deserved with their play. It opened up again down the right for Acle to get a corner, Ben swung it in for it to be cleared. With Acle retrieving the ball Ben popped up again on the right hand side to swing a sweet left foot strike in only to see it cannon off the bar.

Acle pressed again and were rewarded with another corner. The players got themselves set again for Ben to swing in another good corner only for the ball to come out to Jacob just inside the box for him to fire back an unstoppable volley to make it 0-2. With the game being very open for us we made a change up front bringing Max on and within a few minutes he had pounced on a ball from some good work from midfield to slot home and make it 0-3.

What Martham threw at Acle was dealt with by a brilliant display from the back four again well marshalled by Matty. Acle made another change bringing Theo on at right back, with Josh coming off with what was another solid performance. Acle got a fourth from the foot of Ben, this time with quick feet to beat several defenders and fire home. Acle had a comfortable 0-4 lead.

With the game coming to an end and Acle very much on top, Max managed to sneak in again to get his second of the game and the team’s fifth for what was a very well-deserved victory and a fine display.

It was a very hard and well fought competitive game for which Acle had to be patient in their approach and solid in their performance to make the openings for what was a very difficult pitch to play on.

Acle’s youngsters all played extremely well doing what they needed to do, with and without the ball.

They all listened to instructions before the game to produce the first half display and again with what was asked at half time, they took to the pitch and played an outstanding second half.

Ormesby Lads U7 Tigers saw Martham provide the opposition. Tigers were at full strength and Danny opened the scoring and was soon celebrating his second. Martham then came back with two goals of their own.

Luca then had to make a great save low down to his left as the visitors started to play with more determination. Harley worked hard in midfield, closing down well and Geethanen did his best to help break up Martham attacks but the home side ended the half a goal down.

Kye equalised soon after the break and could have had a couple more but for great saves from the keeper. Jamison then scored a great long-range goal and Alexander grabbed two well-taken goals to put the Tigers in front. Martham then came back with more goals including a penalty that Lewis, who had taken over in goal, made a great attempt to save.

Ryan had a great chance to score his first goal but just failed to connect. The exciting game ended with both teams adding late goals. Alexander completed his hat-trick for Ormesby. MOM was Alexander for his strength and determination rewarded with well deserved goals. Well done to Jamison for his special goal and thanks to Martham for an enjoyable match. Next game v K & P Jesters (Trophy) kick off at 11am at Walmer Road.

Great Yarmouth Town U14 continued their fine form to keep themselves mid table. The victory was their fifth in six games making a total of 15 of their 18 points coming from recent games. The goalscorers were Dylan, Dougal, Freddy Esherwood, Villam Koky, Reece McDonald and Alan Mays with four.

Great Yarmouth Town Academy completed the league double over Town Hall in what was quite an open game with chances at both ends.

Ashley King scored his first goal of the match after 16 minutes when he chased down the defence and lobbed the keeper. Town Hall had a couple of good chances to equalise after attacking down the left hand side. Firstly Jordan Read made a fantastic save from a very good run and shot and then Town Hall shot just wide. Robbie Veitch blasted a first-time shot just over the bar before King scored his second after outpacing the defence to lift the ball over the advancing keeper with 38 minutes on the clock. On the stroke of half time Read tipped a cross-shot on to the bar and out for a corner.

With four minutes of the second half gone a good move and a neat one-two in the box allowed Town Hall to pull one back. Some shoddy defending enabled the score to be levelled on 62 minutes after the same player was allowed to shoot twice in the Bloaters’ area.

The 73rd minute saw Bloaters edge in front again after a Scott Butler free kick eluded everyone in the box and King was on hand to complete his hat-trick by flicking the ball over the keeper who was on his goal line.

King had a couple more chances to add to his tally but was thwarted both times by the keeper. The dying seconds of the game saw Town Hall once again hit the bar after a game of ping-pong defending in the Bloaters’ box.

It was a well-fought victory for the Academy, which sends them back into fifth place in the league, But you could not really have complained too much if Town Hall had sneaked in an equaliser.