Zarina completes her 200th run
- Credit: Archant
Of the 13 first-timers in the Gorleston parkrun on Sunday, many recorded some impressive performances, notably, Sophie Kelly of Cambridge and Coleridge AC, as first lady to finish in 18.32.
Sophie was leading for the first lap but finished second overall behind first-timer Simon English of Norwich Road Runners, in 18.22.
Darren Barnes was second (third overall) in 18.35 with Billy Heseltine of Great Yarmouth & District third (fourth overall) in 18.50.
For the ladies, Jo Anverali of Great Yarmouth Road Runners, was second (27th) in 22.17. Jennifer Allen, of Great Yarmouth & District was third (38th) in 23.03.
Joseph Moore and Robert Forder both completed their 50th runs, Kai Beadle and Paul Molloy their 150th and Zarina Hampton celebrated her 200th.
You may also want to watch:
Amongst the 31 PBs, it was wonderful to see Luke Stone clock 29.44 on his fourth run, accompanied by dad, local club runner Mark Stone.
- 1 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 2 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 3 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 4 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 7 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 8 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 9 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 10 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid