A Christmas Carol takes to the stage in Scratby
- Credit: Archant
It is one of the festive season’s most familiar tales.
A grumpy old man called Scrooge thinks the poor should be confined to workhouses and jails and has no time for his family.
He is just about as cold as the frosty world around him but while children enjoy sliding on the ice he takes no pleasure in their joy and doesn’t even benefit from all the money he has hoarded.
Professional touring company Rain or Shine brings its version to All Saints Parish Hall in Scratby on January 10.
Famed for their outdoor Shakespeare productions whatever the weather they bring the heart-warming Christmas story, penned by Charles Dickens, to the seaside.
The company is visiting over 25 community venues ranging from a stately home to town and village halls.
A host of Dickens’ charming and comical characters bring the story to life with energy and wit and festive audiences are invited to share in Ebeneezer’s journey, as he travels with the ghosts of Christmas’s Past, Present and Future to discover a life changing meaning to Christmas.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 5 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 6 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 7 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 8 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 9 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 10 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
Set in authentic Victorian costume, with a cast of five playing a whole host of characters, and with surprises throughout, Rain or Shine aim to delight and enchant those new to the tale, and those who already know it. This family show is suitable for everyone aged six and above.
Producer Jayne Meekings said: “Many of our summer venues have asked us to perform again for them indoors during the winter, so we couldn’t resist this opportunity to offer a brand new adaptation of Dickens’ famous Christmas story by the production’s artistic director Tom Jordan. The cast includes the Rain or Shine previous actors’ team of Anthony Young, Ellis Wells, Jayne Lloyd and Craig Rogers, so audiences can be sure of an entertaining evening.”
The tour includes a ‘one day only’ performance in All Saints Parish Hall, Scratby on Sunday January 10 at 4pm.
Tickets priced £10, child £6 are available via 01493 730178 or 07764 945753 or direct from the Rain Or Shine credit card hotline: 03306 600541, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org