All day charity gig
STANDY by for music, because a number of local rock and indie bands are gearing up for a charity event to be held at Allen's Bar, Great Yarmouth on Sunday The major all-day gig is in aid of Cancer Research and charity organiser Michele Ellis says a lot of local talent will be performing.
STANDY by for music, because a number of local rock and indie bands are gearing up for a charity event to be held at Allen's Bar, Great Yarmouth on Sunday
The major all-day gig is in aid of Cancer Research and charity organiser Michele Ellis says a lot of local talent will be performing.
She said: “The Jumpstarts will be kicking off the event and should do a great job of getting the crowd in the mood. All of the bands are giving up their time free and hop that everyone comes along.”
Murder Slim Promotions are organising the bands. Joint directors, Rob Footer and Rob Watson say the line up is second to none.
Bands who are appearing are new band Jukebox Jonah and the Random Rummies, Three Vicars, Beast with a Gun, Umbrella Assassins, Slim Limbs, Fletch Cadillac, Churches, the Gutterboys, the Wailin' Years and Whiterush.
Rob Footer said: “We are catering for the alterative market. These bands will be local originals. We are in the process of launching our own record label, Murder Slim Records, and we hope that many of the band performing will be taken seriously by the music industry once they have completed the recordings for us.”
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 5 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 6 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 7 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 8 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 9 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
Allens Bar will also play host to Rusty Springfield form Bath and The Eviltones from Nottingham on November 22
The Allens Bar gig in aid of cancer research will be held on Sunday August 24 from noon and until late.