Anything goes in Gorleston
THE original Dusmagrik Young People’s Theatre Company’s annual fundraiser for Children in Need – Cole Porter’s Anything Goes, is being presented at the Pavilion Theatre in Gorleston.
The production, from November 18-20, concerns the madcap antics aboard an ocean liner bound from New York to London. Billy Crocker is a stowaway in love with debutante Hope Harcourt, who is engaged to Lord Evelyn Oakleigh. Nightclub singer Reno Sweeney and Public Enemy No 13 Moonface Martin aid Billy in his quest to win Hope.
The show encompasses some of musical theatre’s greatest show tunes, but also some of Cole Porter’s most famous numbers – You’re the Top, Blow Gabriel Blow, I Get a Kick Out of You and the title song Anything Goes to name but a few.
There have been two West End revivals in the last few years.
The show is at 7.30pm each evening with a matinee on November 20 at 2pm.
Tickets are on sale from the Pavilion box office via credit card hotline 09056 090158; or by visiting the Pavilion website, www.gorlestonpavilion.co.uk to book online.
Tickets are �9 adults and �5 children.
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 5 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 6 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 9 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 10 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
l Visit Dusmagrik’s new website for more details www.dusmagrik.com or book online www.gorlestonpavilion.co.uk or phone the box office on 01493 662832.