Band of the Month
THE Mercury is launching a new Band of the Month feature this week, starting up with Great Yarmouth based rockers Nausia.Any local based musicians wanting to appear should email miles.
THE Mercury is launching a new Band of the Month feature this week, starting up with Great Yarmouth based rockers Nausia.
Any local based musicians wanting to appear should email firstname.lastname@example.org, write to Miles Jermy, The Yarmouth Mercury, 169 King Street, NR30 2PA or call 01493 847961.
Band Name- Nausia
Members names- Zorn Faust - vocals, Duke Norfolk - Guitar, Duff Valley - Bass, Indiana Bo - Drums
Sounds like - Old school rock n roll with a unique twist
Influences - A wide variety of artists from all genres, too many to mention.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 6 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 7 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 8 Council defends cost of £70 posy vases amid criticism
- 9 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
Best known song - Nobody's Hero (currently being used on a Gravity sports Skateboard DVD).
Where can I listen to you - www.nausia.co.uk, CD available from itunes, Amazon, idigital and 7music. We also have a gig at the Green Gate, Caister on March 20 for Duke Norfolk's birthday.
Do any members play in other bands - Zorn and Duke are currently touring with the award winning Austrian rock band Pink as a Panther (who just recently had sell out shows in LA to promote their debut album).
Duff and Indiana are about to embark on a rock n roll journey with their first successful band Deny This.
What's your favourite song of all time - It always comes down to two or three songs which are Keep on rocking in a Free World, Paranoid, and Summer of 69. That's why we support local cover bands so much.
What is your favourite song by your own band - MTV killed rock n roll, this song got us banned from radio and TV! We are planning to start a face-ache campaign to bring this song into the charts! It seems the in thing to do nowdays.
Who writes the songs - Zorn and Duke
First Gig -The Wrestlers Inn.
Best ever gig - We have had some very memorable shows, The Boogaloo in Germany was a great show, the Downhill World Cup was also quite intense.
However, these get pipped to the title by the private show we did in Linz, Austria. We set up a stage and full rig in someone's kitchen, crammed 80 people in the 15 foot x 25 foot room, it was an incredible experience.
What do you want to achieve - We just want to go with what happens, if you have an ambition to get somewhere it only disappoints when you get there.