Bard play in open air
AN OPEN air version of Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew is being staged at The Village Centre, Ormesby St Margaret, on June 6.It is being performed by the Rain or Shine Theatre Company following the success of their first visit last summer.
AN OPEN air version of Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew is being staged at The Village Centre, Ormesby St Margaret, on June 6.
It is being performed by the Rain or Shine Theatre Company following the success of their first visit last summer.
Romance and comedy will be in the air with one of the Bards most popular plays focussing on Petruchio, a poverty-stricken gentleman from Verona who journeys to Padua in search of a wealthy wife.
There he encounters the fiery Katharina, the eponymous shrew. Their honeymoon becomes a humorous battle of wit and insult with Kate as determined to maintain her independence as Petruchio is to “tame” her. This romantic farce, full of disguises and role playing, deals with themes such as marriage and duty, reality and illusion, and compromise.
Doors open at 6pm for a 7.30pm performance.
The audience is invited to bring picnics, rugs and chairs.
- 1 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 2 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 3 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 4 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 5 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 6 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 7 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 8 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 9 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
Tickets cost �12 for adults and �6 for children aged five to 15 from John Ridler 01493 731438, Julie Ellero on 01493 73017 and John Westlake on 01493 732556,
For more information phone Theatre Royal at Norwich on 01603 630000.