Beat blues with Baba
THE pantomime Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves starts it's run at the Pavilion Theatre in Gorleston on Wednesday, January 20. The humorous pantomime has been written by Bob Bishop and is being staged by the Gorleston Theatre Company and is sure to be a hit with all the family.
THE pantomime Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves starts it's run at the Pavilion Theatre in Gorleston on Wednesday, January 20.
The humorous pantomime has been written by Bob Bishop and is being staged by the Gorleston Theatre Company and is sure to be a hit with all the family.
Problems mount up for Ali Baba when he stumbles across a hoard of ill gotten gains, taking the loot home to his poor mum Nelly Baba, the pantomime dame.
Our hero is then pursued by a gang of hapless thieves intent on recovering their wealth. Will Ali Baba fool the thieves and can Dame Nelly hold on to her new found assets?
Director David Emmerson said that Ali Baba is the perfect antidote to those post festive blues.
“This is a superb script and we are blessed with a cast that will truly bring it to life and provide fun and merriment to audiences young and old. We have all the ingredients of traditional panto slapstick, a bellyful of laughs and a host of favourite songs. The cast has worked exceptionally hard and is really looking forward to opening night.”
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 4 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 8 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves will be staged at the Pavilion from January 20 to January 24, nightly at 7.30pm from Wednesday to Saturday, with matinee performances on the Saturday and Sunday at 2pm.
Tickets are �10 with �8 concessions and available from the Pavilion box office on 01493 662832.