Big band’s boogie woogie blowout heading to St George’s
- Credit: Archant
Feet are soon to tap to the swinging sounds of Big Bubba’s Christmas Boogie Blowout at St George’s Theatre in Gt Yarmouth on December 13.
The popular Jonathan Wyatt Big Band is an 18 piece ensemble with over 25 years of entertaining audiences behind them.
They are joined by local vocalist Gary Winter who has developed his own following and has a reputation for ‘putting on a show’ and ensuring there is laughter and smiles in addition to great music.
Gary said: “We wanted to create something a bit different by fusing the big band and my act so we created the fictitious character of Big Bubba which we felt had a retro feel about it and hopefully sounded like a fun time.”
The band, fronted by Jonathan Wyatt himself have been put through their paces with some challenging tunes for the concert.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan said: “We have a lot of standards that people ask for and are popular but we have really challenged ourselves with this project as most of the arrangements are upbeat and complex meaning the band is constantly blowing at full pelt, hence the name Big Boogie Blowout.
In addition to the Christmas tunes on offer there are a few surprises such as Wonderwall by Oasis and even a Queen number.
- 1 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 2 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 3 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 4 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 5 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 6 Furious villagers claim chicken farm was approved 'under the radar'
- 7 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
- 8 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
Gary, Jonathan and the band are also to be supported by Hayley Moss, a soprano who is making a huge impression on the scene with her mix of classical and Celtic styles. There are also a few surprise guests to really set the mood for Christmas plus a special guest familiar to many in the east.
Tickets £16 via St Georges Theatre box office at www.stgeorgestheatre.com or by calling 01493 331484.