Blues At Ten make comeback
SATURDAY, September 20 sees a special celebratory evening of The Room, the event based on and inspired by Later with Jools Holland.On the night it will feature no less than 12 live acts, offering the usual wide spectrum of musical talents and tastes.
SATURDAY, September 20 sees a special celebratory evening of The Room, the event based on and inspired by Later with Jools Holland.
On the night it will feature no less than 12 live acts, offering the usual wide spectrum of musical talents and tastes.
Performing together for the first time in nearly 20 years and reforming especially for the night are Blues At Ten, featuring original members Jason Parr, Red, Mac McCarthy and Simon Hadenham,.
Folking 50 are a collaboration of local musicians performing together especially for the evening and featuring the talents of Tony Dinsdale, Tosh and R4 all on one stage, providing a hint of Reedham Ferry Folk Festival again and including many of the great sing-along anthems the Sunday Survivors Session was all about.
Four-piece female fronted rock band Canine Feline and five piece indie/alternative rock/punk band Aluminium Risk provide some of the best new music from the area.
Ipswich-based and international toured blues band the Groove Doctors perform with the talented guitar virtuoso Tim Ainslie and Harpman Luke Arnold, along with John Butters and Fergie Furguson providing a solid rhythm section.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 8 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 9 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 10 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
Providing acoustic session on the night are the fabulous Sam and Daisy who are currently in the running for a final place in Channel Four's Unsigned Act live music programme.
Paul Johnson of Llewelyn will be performing solo versions their songs. Haunting and melodic duo Yum Yum, regular favourites at the Room, are welcomed back for another delicious selection of their songs.
Rivers' front man Jake Rivers appears solo with a collection of self penned songs and covers. Jason Parr and Red perform in their own right and quirky singer songwriter and composer Allen Scott concludes the acoustic selection.
The Room takes place at the Ocean Room, Gorleston. Doors open at 8.30pm with the show starting at 9.30pm and running through till 2pm, entry is £5 on the door. For more information visit the website www.the-room.biz.