WIN tickets to a night of nostalgia and dancing at the Ocean Room, Gorleston
- Credit: Archant
DJs are set to bring back the dance floor and nightclub nostalgia of the disco nights of the 70s, 80s and 90s next month at The Ocean Room, Gorleston.
The event, on February 24, is being organised by local DJ and promoter Dave Starbuck and follows a number of successful similar events promoted by him in the area over the last two years.
And we have FIVE pairs of tickets to give away to FIVE lucky readers. All you have to do is email email@example.com with the words Boogie Nights, and include your name and address. The deadline for entries is noon on Monday, February 5 and the first five emails chosen at random will be the winners.
These nights proved popular and Dave believes there is a desire for the more mature clubber to get out and re-live their youth with friends and like-minded people from time to time. It’s good for the soul, he says and previous nights have drawn crowds of up to 1,400 people with dancers turning up from neighbouring towns and cities to join in the fun.
“We’ve had some terrific nights including The Boat Party on the Norfolk Broads, Tiffany’s Reunions with an appearance from The Real Thing and last year at The Ocean Room, The Edwin Starr Band turned it on in style.
“It’s been great to see the old faces back out in our clubs, on the dance floor having fun and re-living the good times.”
Dave added: “A wicked cocktail of Disco, Funk, Soul and House grooves are on the menu but if it fits with the 70s-90s theme you can expect to hear almost any genre of music on the night”
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 3 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 4 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 5 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 6 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
- 7 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 8 Police to patrol high crime areas in resort for three straight days
- 9 Lifeboat launched to help stranded vessel that had lost power
- 10 BBC orchestra to play at Norfolk venue for the very first time
Dancing starts at 9pm.
Tickets are available from Music Lovers in High Street Gorleston, Ocean Room, Gorleston, Ellie’s Broad Row, Yarmouth, Kings Arms, Northgate Street, Yarmouth, and Harbour Radio in King Street, Yarmouth or they can be delivered free to the door by contacting Dave via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more of what’s happening around Norfolk this year, join our new Facebook group Norfolk Going Out.
Competition: Normal Archant competition rules apply, available on request. The editor’s decision is final.